OLD MUTUAL GLOBAL INVESTORS TO OPEN A SWISS BUSINESS DOMINIK ISSLER APPOINTED AS HEAD OF DACH DISTRIBUTION
Old Mutual Global Investors is delighted to announce the appointment of Dominik Issler as Head of DACH Distribution, covering Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Dominik, who joined the business on 29 April 2015, will head up Old Mutual Global Investors’ new Zurich-based business.
Reporting to Allan MacLeod, Head of International Distribution, Dominik will be responsible for building Old Mutual Global Investors’ business in the Swiss, German and Austrian markets. Old Mutual Global Investors has gradually built up a European presence since its formation in 2012 and now manages $3 billion¹ for clients in this region. Success in these markets will be a key driver to future growth in Europe. With the appointment of Dominik, Old Mutual Global Investors will service the major global financial institutions, wealth managers, private banks, family offices and pension funds.
Based in Zurich, Dominik brings 15 years of sales and client service experience in asset management to Old Mutual Global Investors. He joins the business from Legg Mason owned Martin Currie Investment Management where he was Director and Regional Head based in Switzerland from 2010. Prior to Martin Currie, Dominik was CEO Switzerland for ABN AMRO Asset Management. During his career, he also worked at Schroder Investment Management as Head of Institutional Business Switzerland and as a Swiss Client Key Relationship Manager at State Street Global Advisers, where he started his career.
Allan MacLeod, Head of International Distribution, comments: “We are delighted that Dominik is joining us. His wealth of knowledge of the Swiss, German and Austrian markets will be very important to us as we set up a business in that market.”
Dominik Issler adds: “I am excited to be joining this vibrant business. Old Mutual Global Investors has been highly successful in the UK and is now making great strides to broaden its footprint in Asia and Latin America. To be part of a company that recognises and identifies with the opportunities that exist in Europe is very motivational.”
Old Mutual Global Investors aspires to be a leading, modern asset management business focused on the needs of investors. Significant progress has been made to further the goal of being a Top 5 player in the UK retail market and top 10 in its chosen international markets.
Some significant appointments were made over the last two years, including Richard Buxton as Head of UK Equities, Josh Crabb and the Asian Equities team (including Diamond Lee) who are now operating from Hong Kong, Russ Oxley and his team who will soon be operating from London and Edinburgh, Ian Ormiston who manages the Old Mutual European Smaller Companies Fund and, most recently, John Peta as Head of Emerging Market Debt.
As part of the Old Mutual Wealth vertically integrated model, Old Mutual Global Investors has made great strides over the last three years towards becoming one of the asset management industry’s leading players.
Substantial progress was made in 2013/2014 to restructure and grow the business’s global footprint. The business also significantly expanded its global distribution capability which resulted in an increase in asset flows from some of the world’s leading distributors:
- Signed an agreement with AIVA in Latin America, which now include four Americas sales personnel covering the region, three of which are responsible for Latin America
- Completed the build-out of the Asian Distribution Team, under the leadership of Carol Wong, including a distribution team of 8 in Hong Kong and a strong relationship with Capital Gateway, a Master Agent in Taiwan
- Hired Allan MacLeod as Head of International Distribution to lead the Global Financial Institutions strategy and build out Old Mutual Global Investors’ European footprint.
Old Mutual Global Investors has continued to deliver strong investment returns for customers:
- 70% of core funds delivered top quartile performance, with 84% being above median over three years²
- Over 30 industry awards over the last two years, including Global Investment Group of the Year at the 2014 Investment Week Fund Manager of the Year Awards and Best Investment Fund Provider at the 2014 Investment Life and Pensions Moneyfacts Awards
- Recognised by Fund Calibre as being ‘The Most Consistent Global Fund House’ with 87.5% of funds out performing their sectors over 5 years³.
Warren Tonkinson, Head of Global Distribution, concludes: “We have ambitious plans to significantly grow our global footprint and we have been taking considerable steps to ensure that we meet these goals. The arrival of Dominik will greatly complement the momentum that we have achieved in Europe.”
- ends –
Vee Montebello, Head of PR and Internal Communications
+ 44 20 7 332 7687
Amelie Shepherd, PR Executive
+ 44 20 7 332 8345
Notes to Editors:
Old Mutual Global Investors:
Old Mutual Global Investors has grown strongly since its creation in August 2012 and now has assets under management of £21 billion¹. The team consists of 214 industry professionals, including a team of 51 investment professionals. As part of Old Mutual Group it has a strong financial parent to support the activation of its business strategy. Old Mutual Global Investors is the asset management division of Old Mutual Wealth. To find out more information please go to: www.omglobalinvestors.com
Old Mutual Wealth:
Old Mutual Wealth is a leading retail investment business in the UK and internationally that aims to help people secure their financial future.
It has an adviser and customer offering spanning:
- Financial advice via the Intrinsic network and independent financial advisers
- Platform based wealth management products and services via Old Mutual Wealth in the UK and Old Mutual International globally
- Asset management solutions via Old Mutual Global Investors
- Discretionary investment management via Quilter Cheviot
Old Mutual Wealth currently oversees £82.5¹ billion in customer investments.
Old Mutual Wealth is part of Old Mutual plc, a FTSE 100 group that provides life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance. Old Mutual is trusted by more than 16 million customers across the world and has a total of £319.4 billion¹ assets under management.
¹as at 31 December 2014
² Source: Old Mutual Global Investors. OMGI Core Funds - performance weighted by AUM over 3 years 31 December 2014. Excludes Hedge funds and Mandates and funds where no Peer group defined.
³Source: Fund Calibre Fund Management Index (18 December 2009 to 18 December 2014)